Terms & Conditions
All pupils must be in possession of a signed U. K. Provisional Driving Licence for Group ‘B’ Cars on commencement of the training.
Full U.K Photo-Card Licence required for all B + E Courses/photo-copies/pictures are not accepted ( Paper Counterpart is no longer required )
All fees include Pupil cover whilst driving the School vehicle, (provided the Pupil is licensed to drive). And is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving Standards Agency A.D.I / P.D.I (Car) or on a Driving Test with an approved DSA Examiner(s).
- FEESa. ABC Driving School currently charges £32.50 per hour for Manual and £37.50 per hour for Automatic lessons, in our local Llandudno area,(seasonal discounts/special offers may apply). Car + Trailer from £50.00 per hour, (minimum two hours meet Llandudno, Manual Vehicle only)
- a. All Driving lessons & Courses that commence or finish in Bangor are subject to extra charges
b. All one or two hourly driving lessons are subject to a minimum 2 working days (48 hours not including Weekends/Bank Holidays) notice for all cancellations. Weekly Driving courses, (or one or two day mini – driving courses ( over two hours) 3 weeks = minimum 15 working days notice is required for all cancellations. ABC Driving School retains the right to charge the full tuition/lesson fee’s if the above notice is not given. We accept payment by either Cash or BAC’S ( Bank Transfer ) Sorry Cheques/Credit/Debit Cards are not accepted. Pre-payment lessons/deposits are accepted on the understanding no refunds will be given. Driving courses, (up to 20 hrs) are subject to a minimum £250 booking deposit fee, (over 20 hrs a £300 minimum deposit fee is required). Immediate payment (within 24 hours unless agreed otherwise in writing) is required for any deposits or for short notice bookings of any Mini – Driving Course/ Driving Course/ Assessment Lessons. Trailer Training Courses are always payable in advance at time of booking . Should we not receive payment as requested we have the right to change/alter or cancel the booking at any time. All Deposits /pre payments are non-refundable
- While every care will be taken to ensure Pupils receive training at the requested time, all bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to traffic conditions, adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown of equipment or any other cause outside of our control.
- If in the view of the Instructor, the pupil is unfit to carry out the lesson safely, due to self-induced circumstances(e.g. Alcohol or Drugs) a cancellation charge will apply.
- Should you contact us and book a two hour Driving Assessment we will require your full Driver Licence Number. In addition if you have passed the Theory Test we will book a Practical Test on your behalf in ‘good faith’. Should you decide to not go ahead with our services and not book a driving course/driving lessons with us, we will normally cancel the booking within 10 working days. Please confirm in writing when assessment is booked if you do not agree to a DVSA Practical Test being booked in your Name
- COURSEWORK PAPERS ETC:
All question papers, handouts, books, C.D. ROMs and relevant materials remain the property of ABC Driving School.(If not returned on request a fee will be charged). Driving courses/lessons may involve working breaks away from the tuition vehicle, ( to discuss progress look at lesson plans etc ) these will be part of the total hours booked with us
- THE DRIVING TEST:
The school reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle, if in the Instructors opinion, the pupil does not reach the required standard. The school cannot be held responsible for Test Appointments being postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency. Furthermore we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs etc during the Practical test. All bulbs/lights etc will be checked at the test centre prior to the test, with the candidate. If you take a driving course/lessons with us and fail the Practical Test a new booking will usually be made in ‘good faith’ on your behalf, (unless you instruct us otherwise ). This will need to be confirmed in writing by the Pupil.
- A minimum fee of £ 10.00 will be charged each time we book, alter, amend, change or cancel your driving test on your behalf. If we book a practical test on a pupils behalf and do not receive full payment within 7 working days, the test can be cancelled by us at any time.
- PERSONAL PROPERTY:
ABC Driving School accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle.
- MOBILE PHONES:
All pupils should ensure that these are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons. Due to recent changes in the law, our Instructor’s will not use a mobile phone whilst the vehicle is moving on a driving lesson !
- Driving Lessons and Courses are not transferable. Once booked you can only change/ammend for yourself not give/pass to another person. Any Credits given can only be used by the person making the original booking once agreed by ourselves in writing
- Once you have completed your Driving Lessons/Driving course and successfully passed the DVSA Practical Test our Instructors will offer to take your pictures with your pass certificate. This confirms our agreement that we can use/publish promote our Business with your pictures including Facebook or any other Social Media . If you are not in agreement with this you must let us know in writing when you book the course
- Deposits for Driving Courses and Driving Lessons are taken in good faith and are non refundable. Please be aware that as we turn down work/bookings on regular occasions if you decide not to continue with a course booking your deposit will be lost !
- We do not publish your email address on the web site;
- You have complete control over any emails that we send to you
- We do not share your details with any other company for marketing purposes.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of this Site. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you use our Site;
- Information that you provide by filling in the enquiry form on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of enquiring to use our services, posting material, sending messages or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report an issue or concern in connection with your use of our services or if we have received a complaint or query about you;
- Details of transactions you carry out with ABC Driving School
Details of the text or online messages you send and receive using our messaging service including without limitation, when you sent or received a message and the contents of that message. We may (but are not obliged to) view the contents of any message whether or not you have viewed its contents. Messages are not private and are not confidential.